Last week at work, we were trying to figure out what we were going to be when we grew up. The general consensus was to join a commune. Dr. Betsy said to Dr. Tom,"at least with you joining, we'll have a doctor." What is my job going to be?? Fabric maker! So, I got out the spinning wheel and some banana silk fiber and began to spin. I spun about 3 oz of really pretty purple yarn. I hadn't touched the spinning wheel in nearly 10 years, but it was like riding a bike. Smooth as silk.
I got a table loom and Xin has taken off on weaving. She is doing a nice job. She can join the commune, too. Xian is going to start with the lap loom. Mei will work at keeping out of our way.
5 comments:
So where's the picture of your pretty purple silk piece (scarf maybe?)
How does the yarn look?
That's real purdy! Good job! Let's see Xian's and Xin's work when they get it going!
That is some purple! Is the color from nature? What's the dye come from?
Let's see the loom in action now.
Make that looms! We need to see Xian and Xin's work, too.
And let Mei have a hand in all of this. We don't want her left out.
Post a Comment