Dad used Silastic to hold the foam in the top of the Jeep for sound proofing. After so many years, the foam sheets pretty much crumbled and fell apart, so Jack removed it and left dots of Silastic all over.
I still remember the look of horror on Mikeys face when he told me "I tried to stop him!" but Dad was too slick with the silastic and sealed the top of the 4Runner to the bottom. It is probably the only thing that is holding it together. I got a new windshield in it on Mon, after 22 years,it was bit pitted. the guy told me not to wash the car for 48 hours. I choked. He could have told me 48 months and I would probably been just as compliant.
5 comments:
Ah, Silastic! Where would we be without it?
you all probably guessed -- that brochure is my contribution to the memory bank.
"It's almost as ageless as glass."
I'll say!
Dad used Silastic to hold the foam in the top of the Jeep for sound proofing. After so many years, the foam sheets pretty much crumbled and fell apart, so Jack removed it and left dots of Silastic all over.
I still remember the look of horror on Mikeys face when he told me "I tried to stop him!" but Dad was too slick with the silastic and sealed the top of the 4Runner to the bottom. It is probably the only thing that is holding it together.
I got a new windshield in it on Mon, after 22 years,it was bit pitted. the guy told me not to wash the car for 48 hours. I choked. He could have told me 48 months and I would probably been just as compliant.
Post a Comment