Saturday, September 26, 2009

Let There be Peace, or a Piece


Mom was always trying to make us happy. One thing that she did was to try to please everyone when it came to eating German Chocolate Cake. I was telling the girls about how she made it, then Xin and I decided to give it a go.
So here it is. 1/4 coconut and nuts; 1/4 coconut; 1/4 nuts; and 1/4 no nuts, no coconut.
I know that I was the no nuts no coconut, but who were the other picky ones?

This is one of the first summers that Mom did not have her hills of squash. or did she???

6 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Nuts, no coconut. I can swallow coconut now but I'd rather not.

Shoe said...

I probably didn't eat it at all, but if I did it was no nuts, no coconut or maybe yes nuts, no coconut. But probably the former. I was so picky that when I'd have strawberry shortcake, I'd have the cake in one bowl, the strawberries in another, and the whipped cream in another. If you offered me coconut today, I'd still decline. It is one food I just cannot eat. In fact, I don't believe it is food at all.

Poss said...

I cannot even stand the smell of coconut, and the texture is something that I cannot have my teeth touch.

RetroMag said...

The cake, icing, coconut, and nuts were all great! I'm not picky!

BobbieS53 said...

What a bunch of pansies! I ate it all!

Poss said...

so ,Peggers must have been the coconut and no nuts?