Sunday, May 11, 2008

Having our Cake...

...And eating it, too!
Well, it was Mother's Day, and birthdays for the month of May, as well as M's Adoption Day and some half birthdays. Mom hosted the lunch for the privilege of giving birth to such lovely children.
We were joined by Pee and his sister (and husband).

But... Backing up. I knew that the day was big and figured that we had to have a BIG cake.
I made a three layer cake, then decided I had to get it bigger since we added another 4 people to the party. So, I added a layer of Karen's Hershey's Black Magic Chocolate cake.



Xian, Xin and Mei helped Auntie Bobbers decorate.

The Birthday, Mothers Day, and Adoption Day girls looking slim before eating the cake which had a total of 5 pounds of frosting on it.



Presents were opened by all.


And not much was left.

Then we headed home, to do homework, laundry and get back to reality.

4 comments:

RetroMag said...

It was a GREAT day! I only wish the rest of you could have been here.

Chuckbert said...

Mmmmmmm! Cake!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Adoption Day!

(Did I get everybody?)

P-Doobie said...

I went over to Mom's yesterday afternoon and had thin slices of each of the varieties of cake. It was good!

BobbieS53 said...

Yea, buddy! It was good. I took a huge piece home and I'm still working on it. A good time was had by all!