This week was a fun filled week of non stop activities.
We started out by DRIVING to school/work so that we could enjoy Xian's choir concert on Monday evening.
Tuesday was band night! Xin is in the background. She did not want a solo. Xin is right behind the girl with the sax
Then it was Kindergarten Graduation. Mei was the Queen of "Happy, Happy, Happy!" The children really showed off what they learned. Mom and Mei loved the reception. I should have turned off the date stamp.
Mom, Xian and Mei came up on the train on Friday, so that we could end the school week with another graduation.....Xian Graduating from 8th Grade!!!
Mom got to meet Mark the Conductor. She is becoming quite the commuter.
I have not enjoyed driving the 4/5 days days that we had evening activities at school.
But the Graduations ceremony was worth the late night out. Xian was given the Rev. Kurt Brink Award for Exceptional Persistence and Diligence. There were only 5 special awards given and my Xian received one of them. I am so proud of her.
She had to say goodbye to Mr. Rickords, her favorite teacher.
Today we had to drive in one more time, this time to go out to lunch with Mom before we delivered her to her friend's home. Then we headed to MVD Express to get my driver's license renewed, and to get Xian a state issued ID for her trip on the plane to California, where her class is going to Disneyland for the class trip.
What a fun week!
4 comments:
Congratulations, Xian! High School is going to be fun. Have fun at Disneyland. Congratulations on Persistence and Diligence. I need a little refresher course in those virtues now and then.
Congratulations, Mei! (Nice mustache!) Enjoy First Grade.
Congratulations, Xin. Music the the best! I can't go a day without it. Keep it up!
I add my congratulations to all of you! I was glad I could be there for your special graduation events. Sorry I couldn't attend the choir and band concerts. I'm proud of all of you!
C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I**N*S to all!
Did Ms. Mei give the conductor Duck to Timmy? I can't believe these kids are getting so old! It's pretty impressive to graduate from any grade level! Way to go girls!
Post a Comment