Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Clapham, Here Comes Maggie!



Fort the last weekend of Spring Break, we went on a road trip to Clayton.
We had to stop at the Spic for breakfast.Way good. Then Xian drove us to Ft. Union, where Mei got a Junior Ranger Badge,
and the girls got to see what it was like in Federal Prison.
From there, we headed to Capulin, where Mei got another Jr. Ranger Badge, and Mom and I got windblown.
Sunday, we got to see where Mom went to elementary school and the girls got to play on the playground. Then we scoped out CHS!


The big question is why there are no pictures of Clapham!?

Answer: It is hard to drive over the range looking for a homestead and watching out for things that tear at cheesy pieces of plastic on the bottom of a very low riding vehicle.

We will have to try again someday in the 4Runner. We had a lovely lunch at the Dairy Delight, then Xian drove us part of the way home through Ocate.


3 comments:

RetroMag said...

I must say that for being in jail, Xian and Mei look pretty happy.

It was a fun trip even though we couldn't find a negotiable road to the Old Homestead. Or the clusters of ladybugs at Capulin.

I hope that piece of torn-off plastic dousn't do any major damage to the Prius. High centers on rutted roads can be hazardous to the health of low-slung cars.

Chuckbert said...

Those girls just can't stay out of prison, can they? I've got pictures of them in prison in Yuma.

Are they going to be sent to Springer next?

Poss said...

I never posted the pictures from the Laramie Territorial Prison.