
We just got back from the
Battle of the Books which was held in Las Cruces this year. The 7 middle school kids from Xian's school (like all the other schools) were all on different teams and Xian was the Captain of her team. I only got to see one of the matches. It was exciting, but the overall winning team overran my girl and her team. Fortunately, one of Xian's classmates was on that team.
I don't think that they have a
National competition.
The Battle was intense, demanding total concentration of the Captain!

The evening before the Battle, we met at a church in Las Cruces, where the non participants had fun on the playground. Note the bandage marring the beauty, but covering up the face plant marks.

And what is a post without a gratuitous picture of my precious angel sleeping.
2 comments:
It's too bad Xian's team didn't win, but I know they must have had a rewarding experience by participating. Nice pictures. Looks like that was one tired bunny rabbit!
Recount! I demand a recount! Way to go, Captain Xian!
Great pictures, too.
Post a Comment