We got a fairly early start this am, and saw old Faithful blow this morning at about 9:30. Then we listened to a Junior Ranger talk on Ravens so that Xin can finish her Junior Ranger Badge. It was interesting, I had to be a mother Raven for part of the talk. Then we went on the Upper Geyser Basin, which took about an hour and a half. The girls seem to like the hike. We got to see a bunch of the geysers blow. We got back in time to see Old Faithful blow again. It is impressive. There were about a bazillion more people for the 12:40 blowing than for the 9:36 showing.
After a quick lunch of peanut butter sandwiches, Doritos and sodas, we went off to Biscuit Basin for a hike that had Sapphire pool, and other geysers which blew for us.
We got to see more bison, some taking baths-but we watched anyway. We got to see a bald eagle nesting near the road. There were even more elk today. I hope that we see a moose before we leave tomorrow.
Our motel is next door to a Chinese restaurant, so the gils and I were happy to take a break from fast foods.
We are looking forward to seeing Mammoth Hot Springs before heading to Great Falls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very wonderful! I bet it is beautiful. Where are our pictures???
What? No fried baloney?
It sounds as if you are "doing" Yellowstone as it should be done. It is a fantastic place!
Make sure you leave a lot of space around those bison. They are very fast! I'm with Izzy...I want pix!
Post a Comment