Friday, July 18, 2008

Unpacking down my suitcase
















We are home and VERY glad to be off the road. I drove from Buffalo,WY to Los Alamos
yesterday--741 miles in 13.5 hours. We took some breaks, but not many.

For some reason, I can't rearrage photos. They do all have dates on them, so look around and figure out where we were.

Look for Mom's Birthday
Auntie Nene and Steve
Buffalo Bill and the Children
Yellowstone animals and sites-including the Morning Glory spring.
Two wolves eating a bison (hint looks like a grassy field)
Snowball fight at Logan Pass
Funky rotted tree near MacDonald Lake
Cool Blackfeet Sculpture (blow up)
fallen tree roots
A new Junior Ranger
Fishing at Cutbank
Memorial to Native Americans at Little Big Horn Battlefield

7 comments:

RetroMag said...

Really neat pictures. What is the one following the wolves photo?

Poss said...

It is a tree with rot in the trunk.

Shoe said...

Neat photos. Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great trip!

Chuckbert said...

Cool roots! And the spring in Yellowstone is very pretty. I should check it out sometime.

BobbieS53 said...

Yikes...did you see all the ravens or turkey vultures on the ground around the wolves eating (on the blown up one?) I didn't see those the other day looking at the pix on the you camera!

Poss said...

The huge ravens hang around the carrion, and show the observers where the wolves are!

P-Doobie said...

I am glad you got home safely. The pix are very cool, and I'm glad you got to linger at such nice places.

My favorite picture is of the Junior Ranger.

I drove from Cody to LA through Cheyenne, Denver, and Las Vegas in one stretch (17 hours). By the time I got to the Otowi Bridge, I was seeing milky, amorphous shapes moving across the road and draped over road signs. Never again!