Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a Bear


I took the early train home and got to meet a new Train Buddy. The woman sitting next to me started doing some needle felting
I asked her to show me how it was done, as I had recently purchased a felting kit because it sounded interesting, but the instructions didn't make much sense.
So, Jo showed me how to start out a project--a bear. She started the head and put in the eyes and nose and one ear, then told me to finish it. I felted to Belen, then took the bear home.
What do you think?

6 comments:

MrBears said...

Awww it's really cute. And for a first lesson on a train you did a really good job. But ummmm it looks more like a dog to me. No matter, bear or dog it's a keeper!

BobbieS53 said...

A new crafting idea! Now you can make sense of your kit and instructions and created felted animals for all of us. It's nice that train riders are nice and helpful!

P-Doobie said...

Cool beans. . . I mean bears. The train is really building community, and you have yet another hobby to keep you off the streets and out of the pool halls.

Chuckbert said...

Bears is best!

Let's see you make a turtle.

Shoe said...

That's a cute bear! Neat hobby!

RetroMag said...

I'm glad you have such a nice train family. And the bear is so cute. Can I put my order in for a kitten? Felted, not live!