Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kiva

I think that I have invited nearly everyone to join Kiva. They make micro loans to entrepreneurs .

This is one family that I loaned money to. They seem happy bakers, and they have paid back on time! And they have the coolest name around.

I find it fun to watch my money being paid back by everyone. I feel a tie to folks all over the world now. It's a much bigger return than the Powerball.

1 comment:

RetroMag said...

All of my "loanees" are now repaying their loans. I, too, think it is rewarding to feel we are helping people improve their financial situation, if only in a small way. And like you say, you feel like you know these people and are a part of their lives. And we can be pretty sure we'll get our money back which is more than we can say about our experience with Powerball!