Tuesday, March 11, 2008

MRA

Today is my MRA (not NRA)!!!!!
This is the Minimum Retirement Age for me to be eligible for Federal Retirement benefits!
Yea. Of course, it means taking 5%/year cut in full retirement pay for every year under 62....
doesn't matter. I have options. I also have a 6 year old.
It is a great day.

5 comments:

RetroMag said...

Congratulations! Aren't you glad you have a six yer old so you can keep on working?

Poss said...

you betcha!

Chuckbert said...

I'm glad you have a six year old.

I don't believe that retirement is going to be happening to me very soon, either. And I don't have kids to feed and clothe and educate. I just live in Southern California.

Happy MRA!

BobbieS53 said...

I'm thinking that I will retire four years from November 2, 2012. That will give me 35 years of service (October 7) and the magic 59 1/2 years old to start taking distributions from IRAs. It will give me 91% of my 3 year average salary and I really don't want to stick around for another contract negotiation which will happen in June the following year... The Lab sucks!

Poss said...

Do you remember thinking about when Dad retired after 33 years "how could anyone stay in one place that long?
We are all there now.